Friday, December 19, 2008

Medgadget Best Blogs

Many thanks to those who have nominated this blog for "best" categories of medical blogs at Medgadget, best medical weblog and best health policies/ethics weblog. I was honored to win in these two categories last year. With so many regular writers of excellent blogs, I think this friendly competition will be even greater this year.

If you have favorites in these categories, please make nominations. It is okay to renominate some who are already nominated, as the folks at Medgadget will narrow down the list in each category to a few finalists based on several criteria -- and I am guessing that repeat nominations count in their calculations.

The categories for this year's awards are below. I also list the blogs I have nominated so far, but I welcome other suggestions. In particular, I don't recall who might have started up his or her blog during 2008, for the second category.

-- Best Medical Weblog

-- Best New Medical Weblog (established in 2008)

-- Best Literary Medical Weblog: Look me in the Eye; Notes of an Anethesioboist

-- Best Clinical Sciences Weblog: Scan Man's Notes; Pallimed

-- Best Health Policies/Ethics Weblog

-- Best Medical Technologies/Informatics Weblog: Life as Healthcare CIO

-- Best Patient's Blog: Pregnant Stephanie; Beating Social Anxiety; The new Life of e-patient Dave; Look me in the Eye

6 comments:

Ileana said...

Paul,

Thank you so much! I'm really moved!

Ileana

rlbates said...

For the best new blog: Rural Doctoring

Anonymous said...

Right! At http://www.ruraldoctoring.com/.

Stephanie said...

Aha! So you're the culprit! It was quite a surprise, and a cool one at that. Thanks for thinking highly enough of the blog to nominate it Paul, pretty touching.

Vijay said...

Many thanks for the nomination Paul. I don't think I stand a chance amongst the other more worthy blogs in that category. But I sincerely appreciate your thougtfulness.

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul,

thought you might want to consider looking at our patient blog - http://ucstory.wordpress.com

Mark